Horde Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Home

Gathering place for Horde members

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Atlantica Guild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doxxx
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:37 pm

I've been playing Atlantica for a while now and its pretty good, what do you guys say to us all playing it on the same server and maybe creating a guild?
Back to top Go down
baldguy
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: heh   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:08 pm

ya i would love to but u still havent told me ur in game name! lol. im mexicutioner in thebes server. hell ya making a guild in that game would b funwe can own towns and stuff
Back to top Go down
Foxxx
Admin
Foxxx

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:44 pm

lol! our ingame names are Doxxx08 and Foxxx08 cyclops
Back to top Go down
baldguy
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: ya   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:46 am

ok cool wat times do u 2 usually get on
Back to top Go down
Foxxx
Admin
Foxxx

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:14 am

usually at night @ 7:00pm (cst)....earlier than that on weekends Smile
Back to top Go down
Lombok
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 am

I'd love to join you guys on Thebes, but I've already spent about $150 on the game for my character on the Mycenae server. Got too much stuff to leave it behind.

No
Back to top Go down
Foxxx
Admin
Foxxx

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 am

Yea, it took me a loooooooong time to finally let go of PW bc we put so much real money into it lol We havent put anything in Atlantica YET ..altho I have been hinting around w/ Dox about it.

Dox is becoming addicted to Free League lol.. lately he is either making armor or playing in that. I tried it out this morning and won, so I quit lol, didnt wanna jinx anything affraid But I was just able to finish getting my lvl 35 armor today and got it to +4 so far and +5 weapon. Makes my head spin tho trying to keep up with my char and all the mercenaries too lol

But it would be great if we could all get on the same server Crying or Very sad

Oh, and since everyone has been playing it longer than us, I wanted to ask a question... watching Dox do the leagues, I have seen most players keep the Viking. When we hit lvl 30 we got monks...right now I have 2 swordsmen, 2 spearmen (including myself), 2 archers, and then my monk. Altho I have also seen peeps with a shaman and a monk & they almost always win in the league. But I know the Viking has the freeze spell, and the higher lvl I have seen them the harder it is to kill them.

So I wanted to ask, whats a good set up? cheers
Back to top Go down
baldguy
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: alrighty   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 am

ok first i must ask if u want a pvp build or pve build. right now my build can b both. i have whats called a dual spearmen ap drain build and i usually beat most pvp builds except dual monk build. i have 2 spearmen 1 viking 1 gunner 1 shaman 1 monk 1 beast trainer and 1 witch and my main is cannon. i hate swordsmen cuz they don do much dmg and can only hit 1 thing. so u say u have 2 swordsmen? that is completly useless ditch one. and if u have a spearman u need another cuz 1 spearman is useless. most pvpers either do dual viking or dual monk and for pvp an exorcist is a must have. i sold mine since i dont pvp much cuz lagg
Back to top Go down
Lombok
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:51 am

I've had most trouble with DMF in PvP (DMF = Dual Monk Formation).
What they do is have one monk with protect passive and the other with shield of protection passive (because each monk can only have one passive). So hard to damage the main. So if you concentrate on trying to kill the main, you'll be dead in no time. What I've read to counter this is have a sniper build (guns or archers) to take out at least one of the monks first. I haven't tried this so I don't know.

Stun build sounds cool, but if you learn to rotate your characters every turn then stun won't be so bad.

I do see ur point about not having two swords in your formation, however, damn if they aren't the strongest defense on that front line. Once my Exo gets closer to my mains lvl (almost 85 now) then i'll fire one of my swords and keep the Exo up front.

Here is my current formation. Front row first.

Sword-BT-Sword
Main(cannon)-Viking-Exo
Monk-Princess-Shaman

This is only because I was starting the Inventor quest, which requires princess for a couple of tasks.

I'll be going back to:

Sword-BT-Sword
Prophet-Viking-Exo
Monk-Main(cannon)-Shaman

Still need to finish my Oracle quest as well... not sure what will happen with her in the lineup.
Back to top Go down
Foxxx
Admin
Foxxx

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:50 am

hey, thx BG and Lom for sharing that info Smile Altho I had no intention of really going pvp, I have wanted to try it...did once as I said earlier lol..but I'm not into pvp enough to participate in it...so I am mainly a strictly quest driven player lol What a Face BUT..I wouldnt mind the occasional pvp every once and again, but I wont do it if I'm just gonna fall on my face everytime lol (noob!) geek I have noticed alot have stuck with the Viking, so I was worried that dropping him was a mistake.

I do agree Lom in that the swordmen can take alot of damage being on the front line.
I havent had much time to play this week in order to figure out how I wanna change my formation and who I should fire and hire LOL But u've both given me kinda an idea of whats best.

Currently, at lvl 36 I have :

sword-spear-sword
archer-archer
main(spear)-monk

Atm, my main is the strongest in that she does way more dmg than the others, and she can take alot of dmg too. I know its probably bc she has better armor and weapon than my mercs.

What lvl do u have to be to get an exorcist and a princess? Do you get a mission to get them? I know I havent reached a mission yet, but was wondering Smile
From my understanding I dont get another merc until lvl 50, but since I have been only doing quests, unlike dox who is all into pvp.... I just wanted to make sure I am understanding what the must-haves are merc wise Smile

Thx again for the help! cheers

Oh and one more thing lol... I spend ALOT of time continually trying to + all my armor and weapons...especially weapons...and by the time I have it all to at least +6, the length of time it takes to get it like that, its then time to get new armor lol Altho I have found it is essential when soloing most quests in order that I dont die lol....is it worth being obsessed with trying to get main and mercs armor +10 right now? +5 is basically where I get it all, and have absolutely no problems fighting mobs alone.. I've even ran into mobs 10 lvls higher than me and more and beat them no sweat. But since I am assuming the higher lvl u reach, the harder it is to lvl, I am wondering is it really worth pushing to always better armor right now (or past +5) only to have to turn around and start over? Or is it best to wait until I get to a stubborn slow lvling lvl? Shocked

yes, I am noob lol...but just trying to learn alien
Back to top Go down
Lombok
Admin

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Sounds like you're doing good and having fun.

Note, you're going to meet up with flying mobs soon. They will become a bitch. Spears and Swords can't hit them except with skill. I used a Shaman for her magic attack and heal skill (you might want to check her out).

As for not PvPing, not an option. Later when you're doing your merc quests, like for the Exorcist, you will have to have rank points from Free League (FL) to enter the shadow dungeons. Sorry. But don't fear, you get points from FL whether you win or lose. So you can go to FL and just let your mercs die and you'll still get the points to enter the shadow dungeons.

The Exorcist quests begin at lvl 57 and the Princess at like lvl 63. Go to aop.muwing.com and look under their quests section (it's a big help). Even before those two mercs at lvl 44, you'll want to do the Beast Trainer (BT) quest, that is a good merc to have as well.

Have fun. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Foxxx
Admin
Foxxx

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:48 am

thx Lombok Smile

I spent some time (and a good chunk of money lol) bettering my Swordmen's armor as I noticed since I upgraded their armor, they seemed to be a little weak and easy to fall.

Dox coaxed me into playing Free League last night Shocked I was matched with a guy 5 lvls higher than me LOL Lost of course, but it took him a while to kill me lol He complimented on how powerful my team and char was Laughing But I had fun with that again. Dox is lvl 36 or 37 and has worked his way up to fighting lvl 45s + so far. We dueled a few times last night and he just didnt have what it took lol Wink But its all for fun anyway Smile My problem is learning strategies....which I am doing just by observing him fight. But I am finding it easier and feel more confident as I lvl.

But I appreciate ur taking the time & sharing ur knowledge of the game! It really has helped a great deal thusfar Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atlantica Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Guild   Atlantica Guild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlantica Guild
Page 1 of 1